Monday, December 14, 2009

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy


So with the making of Christmas gifts and my adventure in miniature paper piecing (will post about that another time), I decided to just take some time and make some really fun blocks.

This is the same method I used for the runner in this post. It's honestly the best time I've had piecing. It's so EASY and all the blocks are different.

This is what I do.
I cut 2 inch strips.
Start with a 2 inch square in the center and work clockwise log cabin "style".
I don't worry about lights and darks etc. Just piece it the way you like it! I could make tons of these and it is just so relaxing.


I think these will look great with white sashing. I want to make more though because I haven't made a big one in a while. So I think I'm going to aim for twin or queen size.

I also am going to rip the seams out of this project and go this route with it. It's so much fun. That's what quilting is about for me anyway! Enjoying it!

* Stay tuned, I will be having a give away within the next day or two in celebration of winning this giveaway over at An artful Life. I am so excited. I can't wait to receive those beautiful green earrings.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Those blocks are looking good. Must try this one myself.

Jessica Christensen said...

Oh, I love these. Love the fabrics. They would look great sashed in white. I agree.

ajae93 said...

I used this pattern only extended block size. I used my son's old blue jeans and it turned out great. I have been wanting to try it again on a smaller scale. Your blocks look great!

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...