Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Aqua and Red Pinwheels

I finished my aqua and red pinwheel baby quilt. I love it! I couldn't get the best pic this morning but it's okay.


Here's a shot of the six different color fabrics I used.



I decided to go with the red micro dots for the binding.


I more often than not sew my binding on completely with my machine and they don't always look so great. I usually only hand sew binding on if I am giving the quilt to someone else. I did sew this one down by hand. I am really going to try to commit to sewing all my bindings on by hand. They look so nice and I really don't mind doing it. It just takes so long when you have all these quilt ideas swirling around in your brain. But I am really going for better quality in my quilts over quantity.

Fabrics Used

darkest red
- Marbles by Moda
red micro dots - ? not sure, no selvages (tattered), found in the bargain room at LQS, really thick and nice though
red with whit flowers - Aunt Grace Scrap Bag by Judie Rothermel (Marcus Brothers)
darkest aqua - Linen Texture by P & B Textiles
aqua with flowers - Aunt Grace Classics by Judie Rothermel
lighter blue with red dots - Bubble Gum Basics by Barbara Jones (Henry Glass Fabrics)
white background fabric - something that was nice and thick from my stash (no selvage)

9 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Wow, you knocked that one out quickly!! It looks great!
I always hand sew my bindings. I have seen one too many UGLY machine sewn ones!

B. said...

It's stunning!

Becky said...

Love it!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

That's beautiful. I love the pinwheels. I'm a bit intimidated by them though!

Aimee said...

It is absolutely lovely. I agree about the hand sewn binding - although I honestly don't mind curling up in front of the TV with some handwork. Now I'm off to order some of those Bubble Gum Basics dots - love it!

Diane said...

Wow! This is stunning! Beautiful, Lovely... I can go on and on.. I love it!

Karen said...

love love love ur pinwheel quilt....the colors are great!

Lauren Phelps said...

Love this quilt! Love the colors and the pinwheels! I think it's great that you can make a pinwheel so many different ways!

Hi, I'm Suz!! said...

I {heart} anything pinwheels!!

Love your quilt and love the colors...

Pinwheels are on the horizon and I WILL be making a quilt with them SOON.

Thanks for sharing!!

Hugs ~~ Suz
inspiringcreativeness.blogspot

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...